Thursday, November 25, 2004

Books

I finished Bush in Babylon and it was quite an interesting read. Tariq Ali is a very good writer. Some of the tangents are quite beautiful. But the book is basically a short history of modern Iraq and for what it is its very good. There's also an excellent Appendix to the book about Christopher Hitchens which was at once intellectually stimulating and very amusing. So i'd highly reccomend it. But now of course I have a dilemma. What book to read next? I' have a very large stack of unread books on my shelf and i need your help to choose which to read.

Vote below














What book should I read next?
A Doll's House by Ibsen -which I have to read for Literature
Travels with my aunt by Graham Greene
One flew over the cuckoo's nest by Ken Kesey
The electric kool-aid acid test by Tom Wolfe
The grapes of wrath by John Steinbeck
Crime and punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
For whom the bell tolls by Ernest Hemingway
The ginger man by J.P. Donleavy
On the road by Jack Kerouac
Power without glory by Frank Hardy




Free polls from Pollhost.com



Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.